All bloggers if not then most bloggers love to review their favorite products online. If we really like a product or service, and believe that it is genuinely helpful, won’t we recommend it to our friends and family? Of course we would! It’s human nature. And if you are a blogger who is also a technical person and businessman , especially doing business by making WordPress theme and plugins- you will love it most.
We’re all WordPress fanatics here, aren’t we? I’m going to take that as a yes. So it’s safe to say that we must be using some kind of WordPress product – be it a plugin or a theme or a service that we really, really like.
Today I am going to introduce a new plugins to you developed by a friend Sergei Prokopov named “Redi Restaurant Reservation”.
According to the plugin developer and his company – “ReDi Restaurant Reservation plugin allows you to manage reservations for your restaurant business. This plugin can help to receive reservations from clients online. Your clients will be able to see available space at specified time, and if it’s available, client is able to make a table reservation. Initially you need to setup number of persons that can book at one time, working times and restaurant details.”
Now what I loved about this plugin from a user point of view is that, it supports localizations. That means you can set the plugins language to your own language. At this moment when I am reviewing this plugin, it supports the following languages:
• Français, check out video review
• עברית (Hebrew)
• 日本語 (Japanese)
But don’t be disheartened if your language is not listed. They want you to contact them so that they can include your language in the next release. They will do it before that even if you need any custom solution for your restaurant.
In the basic package you can do:
• View your upcoming reservations from your Mobile/Tablet PC and never miss your customer. This page should be open on a Tablet PC and so hostess can see all upcoming reservations for today. Page refreshes every 15 min and shows reservations that in past for 3 hours as well as upcoming reservations for next 24 hours. By clicking on reservation you will see reservation details. Demo version can be accessed using this link: Open demo version
• Setup maximum available seats for online reservation by week day
• Open times. This option will enable you to choose between various working hours whichever is most convenient to you.
• Support for multiple places. Number of places depends on number of subscriptions.
• Blocked Time. Define time range when online reservation should not be accepted. Specify a reason why reservations are not accepted at this time to keep your clients happy.
• Send client reservation confirmation emails from WordPress account
• Email template customization for all supported languages
The basic package is not over priced for the option they are providing. It costs only 5 Euro per month
You can ask for custom services from them too: Just follow the plugins page for more information.
Now technical Review:
When you install the plugin and go to the plugin by selecting the Redi restaurant reservation option: You will see your reservation dashboard. They are using some kind of CDN hosted in reservation.eu. So your reservation would be smoother and easier.
In the settings Tab you will get all the settings necessary for your restaurant to have. I loved the simple design UI for the plugin user. It won’t make the user confused and all options are in one place. But if you want to use $ version you need to follow their documentation to do that.
You can even test your reservation. They are adding an upcoming feature for tablet pc also. I think then it will be more flexible to make and serve orders and reservation.
The reservation section has some customization features like you can select the date and lunch or dinner time. Then you have to fill up the customer information. If you have fixed serving time as a restaurant owner you can do that. If you want to keep the timing open for the customer’s convenience you can do that also.
Here are some demo links to check out the system:
Mizanur is a blogger running MizPress, a blog that covers freelance tips, web design, WordPress, programming, open source and more. When not blogging, Mizanur loves watching cricket and reading books in his spare time.
You can follow Mizanur on Twitter, Facebook and Google+.
Read more posts by this author
Thanks for subscribing! Please check your email for further instructions.